The importance of Winterizing your Arnold and Dorrington CA Real Estate
Glen was able to catch up with Aaron Johnson of Johnson Plumbing services to talk about the importance of winterizing your Arnold and Dorrington Ca Real Estate. Winterizing your cabin is key to saving yourself a ton of money and hassle due to frozen pipes. If you find yourself in need of a plumber in the Arnold and Dorrington Ca area. Give Johnson Plumbing service a call 209-292-3766 Free Downloadable Winterizing instructions CLICK HERE
How to Winterize your Cabin
1. Water Heater: Turn off the power to your electric water heater,
or turn your gas water heater control to pilot position.
2. Main Water Valve: Close the main water shut off valve.
3. Cold Water Lines: Open all hose bibs and cold water drain
4. Hot Water Lines: Open the pressure and temperature relief valve
on your water heater. Open any hot water drain valves. (Note:
The pressure and temperature relief valve should have a pipe
connected to it to drain water outside the house).
5. Household Faucets: Open all faucets, turn and shower mixing
valves. Single handle faucets should be left on in the center
position. Dual handle faucets should be opened on both the hot
and cold sides. Three handled tub and shower valves must have
all three controls left open.
6. Toilets: Flush all toilets, holding the handle down until as much
water as possible has been drained from the tank.
7. Dishwasher: Drain your dishwasher line by running the dishwasher
in the fill cycle for approximately 60 seconds.
8. Washing Machine: Drain the washing machine lines by running
the machine in the warm wash cycle for approximately 60 seconds.
9. Antifreeze: Pour 1/4 cup of antifreeze in all drains, including tub
and shower drains. Pour 1/4 cup into toilet tanks and 1/2 cup
into toilet bowls.
10. LEAVE ALL FAUCETS AND HOSE BIBS OPEN.